Queso dip is the quintessential game day or party time snack. This velvety, meaty queso dip recipe has all the classic ingredients like Velveeta cheese and Rotel tomatoes with an added heartiness and texture from our pinquito beans. A quick-n-easy crowd pleaser for sure!
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. Susie Q’s Santa Maria Style Seasoning
- 1 oz Susie Q's Pinquito Bean Seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 box (2 lbs.) Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 oz.) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes
- 3 cups Susie Q’s Pinquito Beans (prepared) with juice
- 2 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 cup of fresh tomato, diced small
- Susie Q’s Santa Maria Style Salsa, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat a large skillet, add the ground beef and diced onion, season with Susie Q’s seasoning, and cook until the ground beef is browned and the onions are softened. Drain any fat, then return to the skillet.
- Stir in the California Bean Seasoning and water, mix well and simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the cubed Velveeta and Rotel tomatoes to a large saucepan and heat over low, stirring frequently, until the cheese has melted.
- Stir in the ground beef mixture, Pinquito Beans, green chiles and fresh tomatoes.
- Heat on low, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips and optionally a side of Susie Q's Santa Maria Style Salsa.
Yields: 10 cups