Polenta is a staple of Northern Italian cooking and making it couldn’t be easier. Fontina cheese adds a mild, nutty flavor while our Santa Mara Seasoning, a well-balanced blend of spices and seasonings, rounds out the dish. Serve sliced and topped with your favorite stew for a creamy and decadent meal.
- 10 ½ cups water
- 1 tsp. Susie Q’s Santa Maria Style Seasoning
- 3 cups polenta (yellow corn meal)
- 1 cube butter or margarine
- 1-2 cups grated fontina cheese
- Bring the water and Susie Q's Seasoning to boil in a large pot.
- Slowly add the corn meal while stirring continuously.
- Lower heat and continue cooking for 30-40 minutes, until the mixture stiffens. Use a whisk to break up any lumps.
- Add the butter and cheese and stir until melted.
- Transfer the polenta to a greased loaf pan or baking dish and allow to cool.
- Unmold, cut into slices and fry in a hot skillet or serve with your favorite stew.