There are so many great things about bean salads - they’re
easy to prepare, economical, and rich in fiber and protein. This Pinquito Bean Salad is a great make-ahead
dish that’s packed full of the fresh flavors of summer and makes a perfect side
dish to any meal.
- 1 lb. Susie Q's Pinquito Beans prepared with a 3 oz. packet of Susie Q's Pinquito Bean Seasoning
- ½ bell pepper (red, green or yellow), diced
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tsp. Susie Q's Santa Maria Style Seasoning
- 1½ lemons, juiced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- Cook the pinquito beans with the seasoning according to the package directions and allow to cool completely.
- Drain the excess sauce from the beans and reserve for another use.
- Add the beans to a large bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with additional cilantro, diced bell pepper and onion, if desired.