Compound butters are a secret weapon for simple cooking. This garlic butter is perfect for finishing vegetables and pasta, roasting meats and poultry, and slathering onto toast. Whip up a batch as needed, or make ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container for a simple way to add remarkable flavor.
- 2 tsp. Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning
- 1 cube butter or margarine, softened
- Mix the Santa Maria Seasoning into the softened butter and blend thoroughly.
- Before roasting chicken or turkey, slather the skin with garlic butter for a beautifully browned bird.
- For garlic toast, generously spread slices of French or sourdough bread with garlic butter and place under the oven's broiler until browned and bubbly. Try stirring in 1 tsp of grated cheese, such as Parmesan, Asiago or cheddar for a variation.
- Serve at room temperature as a spread for crackers and party breads.