If you’re looking for a delicious, uncomplicated chili recipe, your search is over! With just a few ingredients poured into your slow cooker and the push of a button, dinner is taken care of. This hearty chili is the perfect meal to come home to after a long day. Simply garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- 1 (19 oz.) package Susie Q's Pinquito Beans with Seasoning
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey, browned
- 1 (7 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 qt. water
- diced onion, for topping
- shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- In a 5 qt. or larger slow cooker, combine beans with enough water to cover them by at least 4.5". Cook on low setting overnight.
- Pour the beans into a colander; rinse and drain them well under hot water.
- Immediately return the beans to a slow cooker. Add the browned ground beef, green chiles, crushed tomatoes, and 1 qt. of water.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Top with chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
Chili recipe courtesy of Marlene Giedd-Clark from Washington