These hollowed out zucchini boats are stuffed with a simple, seasoned cheese mixture and are a cinch to make. They make a delicious, low-carb alternative to potato skins and are a great way to eat your veggies. Serve them as a side dish or a game day snack, they’re sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Courtesy of Bettye Berg, California
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Susie Q's Santa Maria Style Seasoning
- Boil the whole zucchini gently for 10-15 minutes or until just crisp-tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses and Susie Q's seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and place upside down on paper towels to drain well.
- Place the zucchini cut side up in a broiler pan and fill with sour cream. Top generously with the cheese mixture and place under a hot broiler until the cheese is bubbly and browned.