You’ll experience a taste of the tropics in every bite of this fresh and flavorful recipe. Ahi steaks are seasoned to perfection with Susie Q’s Santa Maria seasoning and paired with a sweet and citrusy salsa. This healthy meal comes together in less than 10 minutes and is guaranteed to be hit.
- 6 ahi steaks
- 1/3 cup Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 can tropical fruit cocktail, cut into large chunks
- 1 tsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- To prepare the fruit salsa, combine the fruit cocktail, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, and lemon juice in a bowl. Season to taste with Susie Q's and mix until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Place the Susie Q's in a shallow dish and dredge the edges only of the ahi steaks in it.
- Place ahi into the preheated skillet. Add the butter to the skillet and cook the ahi for about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Serve the ahi steaks topped with fruit salsa.