The kids will love helping to prepare this extra spooky snack mix. A delicious and crunchy blend of cereal, nuts, pretzels, and crackers is given a savory kick with our Santa Maria Style Seasoning. This is a great make-ahead snack for Halloween parties or trick-or-treaters.
- 2 cubes butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp. Susie Q's Santa Maria Style Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups small cheddar cheese crackers (such as Goldfish or Cheezits)
- 2 cups peanuts or mixed nuts
- 2 1/2 cups Cheerios
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 1/2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 1/2 cups Corn Chex
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Place the butter in a large roasting pan and melt in the oven. Once melted, remove from the oven and add the Susie Q's Santa Maria Style Seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to mix well.
- Add the pretzels, crackers, nuts and cereal. Gently mix until all pieces are well coated with the seasoned butter mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the mixture out onto parchment paper to cool completely.
- Store in a tightly covered container or fill disposable plastic gloves and tie with ribbon for fun Halloween treats. Yields about 18 cups.