This Santa Maria style roast of pork is a lovely combination of sweet and savory flavors. The simple ingredients produce an amazingly moist roast that’s delicious and easy to prepare. And its spectacular presentation makes it the perfect addition to any holiday table.
- 1 (16 rib) pork crown roast (about 8 lbs.)
- 3-5 tbsp. Susie Q's Santa Maria Style Seasoning or more to taste
- 1 jar Susie Q's Sherry Citrus Rib Glaze
- 1 box of your favorite savory stuffing mix
- Place the crown roast , bone tips up, in a shallow roasting pan.
- Season the entire surface with Susie Q's. Cover the bone tips with aluminum foil to prevent burning. Bake in an oven preheated to 350°F for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- While the pork is roasting, prepare stuffing mix according to package directions.
- During last hour of roasting, fill the roast cavity with the stuffing, and place any remaining stuffing in a small baking dish. Brush the roast with the Sherry Citrus Glaze and continue baking until a meat thermometer registers 150°F. (Allow about 20 minutes per pound total cooking time.)
- Brush occasionally with the glaze throughout cooking.
- Remove from the oven and let rest until temperature reaches 160°F, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the roast to a warm serving platter. Garnish with oranges if desired.