Gather ‘round what’s sure to be the life of the party! Part bean dip, part fondue, this Pinquito Bean Party Bowl is as appetizing as it is attractive. Throw one together for game day and watch the dip and the bowl disappear!
- 4 cups Susie Q's Pinquito Beans, cooked and pureed
- 1 tsp. Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning
- ½ cup Susie Q's Santa Maria Style Salsa
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese - jack, cheddar or combination of both
- 1-24 oz. round loaf sourdough bread
- ½ cube butter
- 7 oz. diced green chilies
- 1-3oz. package cream cheese
- Optional: ½ lb. ground beef sautéed with 1 tsp. Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning
- Season the ground beef, if using, and sauté until browned. Drain and set aside.
- Slice off the top of the sourdough loaf, hollow out the inside and cut the removed bread into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the bread bowl and pieces onto a cookie sheet. Melt the butter and stir in the Santa Maria Seasoning. Brush the inside of the bread bowl and pieces with the melted butter and bake at 375°F until golden brown.
- Combine the pureed beans, salsa, shredded cheese, green chilies, cream cheese, and ground beef (if using) in a large saucepan and heat on low until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the toasted bread bowl and serve with the toasted bread pieces. Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired.