Piled high and loaded with melted cheese and delicious toppings, nachos are a staple for Super Bowl parties across the country. This recipe adds a little Santa Maria Style with the addition of Pinquito beans for an easy finger food that’s guaranteed to please a crowd!
- 1 lb. corn tortilla chips
- 5 cups grated, medium-sharp cheddar cheese
- 8-10 pickled jalapeños, stemmed and minced
- 3 cups Susie Q's Pinquito Beans, cooked
- 2 cups diced onion
- 3 tbsp. Susie Q's California Bean Seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Layer half of the tortilla chips in a 10-inch, round, ovenproof serving dish.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese and jalapeños evenly over the tortilla chips. Mound the remaining tortilla chips into the dish and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese and jalapeños. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla chips are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the pinquito beans to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the beans evenly over the hot nachos and sprinkle with the diced onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and bean seasoning until smooth.
- Top the nachos with the seasoned sour cream and serve immediately.