Grilled shrimp skewers are a summer staple and make the perfect party food - elegant, easy to prepare, and easy to eat. These skewers are bursting with the fresh flavors of mint and basil and are seasoned to perfection with chili powder and Susie Q’s Santa Maria Seasoning. We recommend grilling over our California Red Oak Chips for a mellow, sweet flavor.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 lbs. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- BBQ Fuel Suggestion: Susie Q's California Red Oak Chips
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except for the shrimp .
- Add shrimp and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak about 24 skewers in hot water for about 30 minutes.
- Lift the shrimp from marinade and drain briefly (reserve marinade).
- Thread about 5 shrimp onto each skewer and sprinkle generously with Susie Q's. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Place the shrimp skewers on a well greased grill about 4-6 inches above a solid bed of hot coals.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes per side, basting with remaining marinade as they cook.