This restaurant-worthy appetizer is a must for mushroom fans. Tender mushrooms filled with a creamy, cheesy spinach mixture and baked until golden brown and sizzling. Deceptively simple and ridiculously tasty. For an impressive side dish or vegetarian meal, try substituting large Portobello mushrooms!
- 4 dozen cremini or white button mushroom caps
- 1 box frozen spinach
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 cube butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tsp. Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave and squeeze out all of the excess moisture.
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove the stems.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. Dip each mushroom cap in the melted butter and place on a baking sheet.
- Mix the spinach with the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and enough corn flake crumbs to hold the mixture together. Season to taste with Susie Q's.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the mixture, mounding a bit on top.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350°F for 15-20 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and the spinach-cheese mixture is golden brown.