A family favorite for decades, this classic beef stroganoff contains tender strips of beef and mushrooms sautéed in a creamy sauce. We’ve added a bit of zip to this rendition with our Santa Maria Style Seasoning and a bit of tomato juice. This tried and true recipe makes a perfect weeknight meal.
- 4 lbs. lean beef (such as top sirloin or round steak)
- 1 cube butter
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1½ tbsp. Susie Q’s Santa Maria Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- Cut the beef into strips about 3” long & ½” wide, trimming any excess fat in the process.
- Melt half of the butter in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and add the remaining butter. Once melted, add the beef strips, season with Susie Q's seasoning and cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato juice and garlic. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes, until the beef is tender.
- Add the mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream and mix until heated through.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.