This sweet, summer slaw is filled with crunchy vegetables, mandarin oranges, and is dressed in a light, citrusy vinaigrette, making it much healthier than traditional mayo based slaws. A quick and easy side dish, this California Coleslaw is great for picnics and perfectly complements grilled meats and fish.
- 1/3 olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tbsp. Susie Q’s Santa Maria Style Seasoning
- 3 cups each shredded red & green cabbage + 1 cup shredded carrots OR 2 (1 lb.) packages of three color coleslaw mix
- 1 (15 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar & orange juice concentrate in small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.