Light, fresh, and bursting with color, this recipe takes advantage of seasonal ingredients to produce one sensational salad. We’ve ditched the mayonnaise and instead used a healthier oil and vinegar dressing that’s been kicked up with our Susie Q’s Santa Maria Seasoning. Serve on hearty nut bread or a bed of greens for a well-balanced meal.
- 2 pomegranates, seeds removed
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast meat, cut into 1” chunks
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 apple, diced
- ½ cup chopped or thinly sliced celery
- 1 tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ to ½ tsp. curry powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pomegranate arils (seeds), raisins, chicken, almonds, apple, celery, parsley, green onions and curry powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Pour over the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Season with Susie Q's to taste, mix well, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.