This simple pinquito bean chili recipe uses four Susie Q's products and just three additional ingredients, including yellow onions, olive oil and your choice of ground beef or turkey.
Pinquito beans are perfect for chili because of their distinct flavor and firm, plump texture when fully cooked. Our pinquito bean chili is seasoned to perfection with our Santa Maria seasoning and salsa. Load it up with your favorite toppings for a hearty meal perfect for a cold, winter’s night.
- 1 (19 oz.) bag Susie Q’s Pinquito Beans with Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 tbsp. Susie Q’s Santa Maria Style Seasoning
- 1 envelope Susie Q's California Bean Seasoning
- 1 jar Susie Q’s Santa Maria Style Salsa
- In a large pot, prepare the pinquito beans with the enclosed seasoning packet according to the package directions, but reducing the water to 1 quart.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and ground beef to the pan, season with the Santa Maria Style Seasoning, and sauté until the onions are softened and the beef is browned.
- Drain any excess fat, if necessary, and stir the mixture into the pinquito beans along with the California Bean Seasoning and Santa Maria Style Salsa.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 2 hours, until the beans are tender.
- Add up to 1 additional quart of water, depending upon the thickness of chili that you desire.
- Serve with toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, diced onion, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeños, crackers or tortilla chips.