These bacon cornmeal biscuits bake up moist and tender and pair wonderfully with soups and stews. The use of cornmeal adds a slight sweetness and crunch while our Santa Maria seasoning kicks up the flavor in these easy to prepare cornmeal biscuits.
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 ¾ cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. of Susie Q's Santa Maria Style Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. beef stock
- 2 tbsp. cooked bacon bits
- 6 tbsp. oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Roll out to approximately ¼ inch thick and cut into circles using a cookie or biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Baste with meat drippings or bacon fat, if desired.